Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A New Idea: We'll See if I Can Make This Happen

Growing up, my mom never had to convince me to read a book.  She had to convince me to stop reading and actually go outside or eat something or speak to people.  I've always read a lot, and I've always really liked it.

Recently, though, I've had trouble actually sitting down and reading a book.  I read a bunch over Christmas break, but after that it took me an entire month to read Of Mice and Men, which is really short.

So I have decided to fix this lack of literature by holding myself accountable to all you lovely readers.  Every month I'll read at least two books from my TBR list, and then at the end of the month write a blog post with a short review (only a few paragraphs at the most) of each one and a rating on a scale of 1-5.  I love sharing books with people, so this will give me a chance to do that as well as motivate me to crack open that book I got from the library in December (our library allows you to renew books for one year, so of course I procrastinate).  

What do y'all think of this idea?  Is it good?  Do you promise to yell at me over comments if it's the 30th and yet you see no book post?  Thank you, you're all darlings.

Oh and I should probably say that this is starting in March, because February is nearly over and while I have been reading, I haven't been doing it with this goal in mind.  

Check out my Goodreads profile (link in the sidebar), as that's where I'll be keeping a list of these books.





No comments:

Post a Comment