Friday, March 24, 2017

Beautiful People: March 2017

This month is not a good month for this blog, and I should probably specify a few things.
1. You will be getting a book review.  Of one book.  The only book I read this month.
2. I don't think I'll be doing a "you want to go home and rethink".  I'll just move everything I had planned for this month onto next month.

The reason for these things is this: SCHOOL.

Yup.  I had a research paper due, and then my brain decided to go on vacation without me over spring break, and then I had midterms, and now the month is nearly over and I have nothing.  SO I'M FILLING OUT A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS AND CALLING IT A BLOG POST.




This is hosted by Cait at Paperfury and Sky at Further Up and Further In.

The character I'm going to do?  JAMES!  James Camelot Tucker, from my (hopeful) Camp Nano story.  We'll see how this goes.



1. What's their favorite book/movie/play/etc.?
James likes Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  He's also seen smatterings of Doctor Who, but probably wouldn't list it among favorites.

2. Is there anything they regret doing?
As much as he's tried to erase all regrets from his life and take charge of his here and now (which he would say sarcastically), he regrets not making musical recordings in high school, because he doesn't have the money or equipment now.

3. If they were sick or wounded, who would take care of them and how?
He would take care of himself and the guy he shares an apartment with, Orion (the epitome of dry British sarcasm), would make sure he's alright while grumbling about it.

4. Is there an object they can't bear to part with and why?
His guitar.  Playing it is his escape from life, and music means more to him than he'd ever let on.  It was also a high school graduation gift from his parents, and is a pretty good quality instrument.

5. What are five ways to win their heart (or friendship)?
           1. Take him food.
           2. Listen to his music.
           3. Listen to him rant about how people never leave him alone.
           4. Pet his cat.
           5. Leave him alone.

6. Describe a typical outfit for them from top to bottom.
No hat, a plain or band tee (with a hoodie on cool days), comfortable jeans, and canvas sneakers.  Very casual and unassuming.

7. What's their favorite type of weather?
Bright and sunny, but cool enough to keep you from sweating, with a few white, puffy clouds in the sky.

8. What's the worst fight they've ever been in?
Right before he moved out, James had a massive fall-out with his parents about college.  He didn't want to go, and they were pushing him to apply.  It resulted in him getting an apartment in the city where he lives now.

9. What names or nicknames have they been called throughout their life?
His mother used to call him Jamie, but he never let anyone else call him that, and refuses to let anyone use it now.  He's always been extremely adverse to nicknames.

10. What makes their heart feel alive?
Music.  Real, genuine, from-the-soul music.


So there you have it!  Ten things about James Tucker!  Maybe you'll get some other posts from me before this month is out, but I don't know, I've been pretty dead to the world.



2 comments:

  1. .....and I heard the name Jamie and now I am mentally calling your character all the nicknames that we called a friend called Jamie when we were kids. In case you were wondering, they ranged from Jammie Dodger to Jim Jam, with a slight spattering of Jam the Man. James Tucker would probably definitely hate us. Digression aside, I like the detail about Jamie - it tells us that either his mother was the only person that he tolerated giving him a nickname, so he must have been fairly close to her, or that he doesn't want anyone else using the name that his mother used for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I don't think he'd appreciate the name-calling, yeah. Not his thing. He was fairly close to her, yeah.

      And you've just given me fuel to ANNOY THE HECK out of my character!

      Delete