Saturday, May 20, 2017

Working Through My TBR: Is the Way I Read Weird? WHO CAN TELL????!!!!!!

So now that school's over for the year, I have the mental energy to dive into my very long To Be Read list.  I don't have a physical pile, because I'm getting them from the library, but I do have a very very very long list.  Considering I only started the actual list a few months ago.

A few things I have accomplished since the end of the school year:
1. FINISHED THE BOOK THAT TOOK ME THREE FREAKING MONTHS TO READ!
2. Read a whole book in an evening.
3. Put a massive pile of books on hold at the library.


Which brings me to the bulk of the blog post:

How I Read Books

I read a little weirdly, according to some people I have spoken to on the subject.  

How, you ask?

I stress read.

Yep.  I stress read.  Sort of.  Like, I enjoy reading and find it relaxing (although I'm usually a pretty chill person anyway so it's just more relaxing which can end in and in fact has ended in sleep), but I don't often feel particularly motivated to read unless I have A MASSIVE PILE OF BOOKS STARING ME DOWN AND DARING ME TO FINISH THAT ONE AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT.

This is partly why I started the whole "read some books and blog about them" thing, which I haven't actually done.  It starts this month, though.  Officially.  Because I've actually done enough reading to justify writing about it.

But anyway, unless the book is really good and COMPLETELY SUCKS ME IN, I often don't read it unless I HAVE TO in order to move on to the next one.  Because if I read more than one book at once the world will collapse inward and kill us all.


There's also anticipation that goes along with that whole massive pile of books thing.  I want to read them AAAAAAALLLLLLL but I have to finish the one I'm on first.  I imagine Belle often feels the same way.


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to make a little survey, because surveys are fun, and see how y'all read things.




No comments:

Post a Comment